Chipping Norton Partnership
We are a member of Chipping Norton Partnership of Schools which is made up of Chipping Norton School and ten local Primaries, Chadlington, Charlbury, Enstone, Great Rollright, Great Tew, Holy Trinity, Hook Norton, Kingham, Middle Barton and St. Mary’s.
We have a shared vision of providing our pupils with sports opportunities that fuel a passion for being active and enrichment experiences that spark a love of learning. These Community Learning activities are planned and delivered by teachers at Chipping Norton School and are superbly supported by their young leaders. Throughout the year there is a total of over 3500 attendances across the following:
- Festivals: We run a huge range of festivals including Dance, Ball Skills, Multi-skills, Swimming Gala, Hockey, Football, Netball, Rugby, Cricket, Athletics, Sports Hall Athletics, Street Dance, Modern Foreign Languages, Literacy Quiz and Drama.
- Able Interested & Motivated workshops: Year 4 and 5 pupils, who have been nominated by their own teachers, attend a range of workshops. These include English, Maths, Science, Design and Technology, Drama, PE and Art.
- Family Focus Activities: A chance for children and parents from Year 4, 5 and 6 to learn together. Family Focus takes place termly and includes Astronomy, English, Maths, Art, ICT, Drama, Music, Design and Technology and Family First Aid.
- Extra Time Clubs: CNS departments run clubs such as English, Maths and Science Extra Time clubs for Year 4 and 5 children who really enjoy and are excited by the subject. Pupils will develop their skills and work with specialist subject teachers.
- Cross Primary/Secondary Phase Curriculum Groups: Computing, English, Maths, Science, Physical Education, MFL, SENCo, Parent Support Advisers, and Governors.
The programme is designed to enhance the primary curriculum and provide pupils with positive learning experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
To see more of what is offered at Chipping Norton School follow the link www.chipping-norton.oxon.sch.uk